This list is a collection of recommended resources for any budding or improving CTO
01. Book – “CTOs At Work”
Scott Donaldson, Stanley Siegel and Gary Donaldson interview many of the world’s most influential chief technology officers in CTOs at Work, offering a brand-new companion volume to the highly acclaimed elite At Work books including Coders at Work, CIOS at Work and Venture Capitalists at Work.
As the words “at work” suggest, the authors focus on how their interviewees tackle the day-to-day work of the CTO while revealing much more: how they got there, how they manage and allocate projects, and how they interact with business units and ensure that their companies take advantage of technologies, teamwork, and software development practices to respond to organizational needs and improve employee productivity. Surveying a variety of unique corporations, CTOs at Work offers insights into the present and future of CTOs in organizations around the world.
02. Book: The Lean Startup: How Constant Innovation Creates Radically Successful Businesses
‘The Lean Start up- How Constant Innovation Creates Radically Successful Businesses’ is a book that explains how to work on your innovative concepts as businessman through moments of anxiety and dilemma. The way to start a company has changed drastically over the time and this book will explain you how to utilize this change to our benefit.
The book provides the plan, how a ‘startup’ is a company devoted to creating something innovative under circumstances of extreme uncertainty. As per author Every one of us has one thing in common and that is to clear the way of uncertainty and reach the target of having a sustainable, unbeaten and balanced company.
The book emphasizes on the developed companies that are both economically proficient and make use of human imagination more frequently. Influenced by lessons from lean manufacturing, it relies depends on validate learning, rapid scientific testing, as well as a number of counter-intuitive exercises that shorten product growth cycles, measure actual development without resorting to vanity metrics and learn what consumers really want.
About the Author
Eric Ries is a young Entrepreneur from the Silicon Valley in USA and an author who has founded the concept of “lean Start up”. He is also a regular blogger
03. An interview with Otto Toth, CTO of The Huffington Post
04. An interview with Robyn Peterson, CTO of Mashable
05. Being a CTO of a company, what are the roles and responsibilities of CTO? by Love Chopra, Cofounder & CTO CareerGuide.com
06. What Makes A Good CTO Great? 8 Qualities To Hire For
07. Successful Chief Technology Officers (CTO) Strike a Balance Between Technology and People
08. 14 Tips for Hiring the Perfect CTO
09. Avoiding A CTO Meltdown: Part 1 – Defining The Role
10. What does a startup CTO actually do?